There’s something so stunningly sedate about the pieces on display at Gallery Henoch through this Saturday, it’s almost worth the visit just to let the whole damn thing wash over you. The artists are eclectic, and the pieces are, as well. But there’s a common thread throughout here – one that captures subtle nuances set throughout the urban sprawl. Five-floor walk-ups, first-floor lobbies, Midtown diners and Mexican delis – all present and account for, in an altogether tranquil exhibition.
(Gallery Henoch’s Winter Group Show runs through this Saturday at 6 pm, free, 555 W. 25th Street)
Five More For the Offing:
- Gotham and Beyond by Luca Campigotto @ Laurence Miller Gallery (Free, through 4/21, 20 West 57th Street)
- Film Noir by Bill Armstrong @ ClampArt (Free, through 4/6, 521-531 West 25th Street)
- Artists of Atlantic featuring work by 15 deifferent artists @ Atlantic Gallery (Free, through 4/20, 210 11th Avenue at 25th Street, Suite 801)
- Now and Now by Daido Moriyama @ Steven Kasher Gallery (Free, through 5/4, 521 West 23rd Street)
- Passion and Resurrection Motets at the Renaissance by Pomerium @ The Cloisters ($45, 3/30, 1 & 3 pm, 99 Margaret Corbin Drive, Fort Tryon Park, NY)